Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9370
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 7970
x 1460

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby weis21 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:19 pm

1 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:02 pm

1 x

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 2633
x 1532

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Regular Show » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 am

1 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 16256
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Southport Corridor
x 8804
x 2791

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby The Logan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Lemon says hello for puppy day

Image
4 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 76980
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1863
x 4492

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Derwood » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Image

Maggie turned 3 yesterday
5 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21861
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: Bolivar Drakoulias
x 4727
x 1788

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm

has anyone had issues giving their dog brevecto? Its a once every 3 month anti-flea medicine. My wife swears up and down that it can cause seizures..?
0 x
Image

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39944
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 2029

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby soccer10k » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:09 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:has anyone had issues giving their dog brevecto? Its a once every 3 month anti-flea medicine. My wife swears up and down that it can cause seizures..?


We’ve been giving it to our now 11 year old shepherd for 2-3 years now with no issues.
1 x
In Theo we trust.

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:11 pm

Sound on for the human commentary

2 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36919
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1232
x 9119

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:56 pm

I decided to adopt instead of eat lunch today.

Image
11 x
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:36 am

Again, love the human play-by-play

1 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:58 pm

3 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:38 am

4 x

Bertz
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5526
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 1905
x 2954

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Bertz » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:28 pm



Does this fit better here or in the weather thread?
2 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat May 09, 2020 8:00 pm

1 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36919
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1232
x 9119

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:52 pm

0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 64205
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3941
x 14565

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:15 pm

they do not respect the crosswalk in whatever horsefeathers country that is
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36919
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1232
x 9119

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:28 pm

I'll start by saying I have had dogs for nearly all of my 46 years on this flat planet. I have never seen this before.

As I previously posted on April 1, we adopted a dog. She's roughly 18 months old now. When we first got her, she was so happy to go outside and would sprint around the yard, often refusing to come back in (it's a fairly large fenced-in yard). She has suddenly reached the point where she will not leave the deck when we let her out. We almost always have to walk her down into the yard and she will then do her business, but most times this is after her repeatedly trying to run back to the deck stairs. She no longer runs around in the yard and will not play with any of her outside toys. Today she was startled by the sound of a garbage truck about a half block away and sprinted to the door. I haven't really noticed much of a difference with her on the leash, but we're still working on that piece so I'm not sure I can glean anything from that. She's acting no different inside the house either. My other dog has no qualms with the back yard, and they almost always go out together, so I find it difficult to believe something horrific happened out there that I don't know about. We often have deer that roam the field behind us, and all they ever did was make her howl and run back and forth along the fence.

Right now she's getting a standing ovation and treats every time she does her business, but it's not helping at all. Any suggestions?
0 x
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21861
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: Bolivar Drakoulias
x 4727
x 1788

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:34 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I'll start by saying I have had dogs for nearly all of my 46 years on this flat planet. I have never seen this before.

As I previously posted on April 1, we adopted a dog. She's roughly 18 months old now. When we first got her, she was so happy to go outside and would sprint around the yard, often refusing to come back in (it's a fairly large fenced-in yard). She has suddenly reached the point where she will not leave the deck when we let her out. We almost always have to walk her down into the yard and she will then do her business, but most times this is after her repeatedly trying to run back to the deck stairs. She no longer runs around in the yard and will not play with any of her outside toys. Today she was startled by the sound of a garbage truck about a half block away and sprinted to the door. I haven't really noticed much of a difference with her on the leash, but we're still working on that piece so I'm not sure I can glean anything from that. She's acting no different inside the house either. My other dog has no qualms with the back yard, and they almost always go out together, so I find it difficult to believe something horrific happened out there that I don't know about. We often have deer that roam the field behind us, and all they ever did was make her howl and run back and forth along the fence.

Right now she's getting a standing ovation and treats every time she does her business, but it's not helping at all. Any suggestions?


1) did this happen after the 4th? Could it be fireworks that scared her? Our dog hides in our basement under blankets around the 4th and new years (another big fireworks holiday here)

2) It could be shes just going though her "fear stage". Hiro hit his about 12 mos and took a few months to get back to normal. When they are really little, they aren't afraid of anything. When they are full grown they generally know what and what not to be afraid of, but they go through a period of time where it seems like they fear everything.
Last edited by minnesotacubsfan on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36919
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1232
x 9119

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm

It started probably 2 weeks before the 4th.
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 64205
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3941
x 14565

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:It started probably 2 weeks before the 4th.

has it been watching the news?
5 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21861
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: Bolivar Drakoulias
x 4727
x 1788

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:It started probably 2 weeks before the 4th.



doesn't sound like fireworks were the impetus.

The way we worked it out of Hiro was to generally ignore it. If the puppy/young dog sees you reacting to their displayed fear, it reinforces their ideas that there is something to actually fear. That can be tough to do since you want to comfort the dog, but don't; just continue as if nothing in your day has changed. I don't remember where we learned that but it was either some dog training book or a trainer who told us that.
0 x
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:27 pm

1 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21861
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: Bolivar Drakoulias
x 4727
x 1788

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 am

Hiro, our 2 year old Shiba Inu, has heartworms. We never had him on a preventative for whatever stupid reason. Dood (as I call him) is my best friend in the horsefeathering world and I'm scared.

what are we up against?
0 x
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 11633
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 720
x 5881

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 pm

3 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36919
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1232
x 9119

Re: Dogs Are Awesome, Yay Dogs!

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:07 am

This thread needs more love.

4 x
Image


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests