Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

The Logan
Superstar

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby The Logan » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:52 am

Finally got sound to seeing Everything Everywhere All At Once. Unreal movie. So so good
3 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:19 am

The Logan wrote:Finally got sound to seeing Everything Everywhere All At Once. Unreal movie. So so good

I saw it in theaters and at home now. And they're re-releasing it with 8 more minutes and I'm tempted to see it in theaters again.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:06 pm

Somehow not the Onion

2 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:30 pm

lol, I'm watching Omega Man today while I work from home. Charlton Heston made some really, really bad movies. And was a really, really, bad actor.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:42 pm

1 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:13 pm

CubinNY wrote:lol, I'm watching Omega Man today while I work from home. Charlton Heston made some really, really bad movies. And was a really, really, bad actor.

1 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:13 pm

I watched The Arrival last night for the first time. I think I liked it a lot. The ending was either beautiful or an easy cop out; I go back and forth.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:39 pm

NOLA wrote:I watched The Arrival last night for the first time. I think I liked it a lot. The ending was either beautiful or an easy cop out; I go back and forth.

oh god, that movie makes me cry every horsefeathers time.
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:45 pm

This is perfect casting. Wow

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:13 pm

(Watch Manhattan instead. At least you'll be able to horsefeathering hear anything anyone is saying.)
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:19 pm

OleMissCub wrote:This is perfect casting. Wow

What was this?
0 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:27 pm

Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:This is perfect casting. Wow

What was this?

The teaser for Oppenheimer. The official Universal link is weirdly a "live" stream, but it's just the teaser on a loop:
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:45 pm

I watched Everything Everywhere All At Once last night finally. Wow. I had been waiting to watch it with my wife, but she's working nights this summer so i finally gave in and just watched it myself. Holy horsefeathers what a movie.

I gotta see it at least 2 more times to pick everything up

I just ... man, it made me so emotional. Every time they would mention or deal with the concept of Evelyn being the worst version of herself or whatever, it made me think what if someone told me i was the worst version of myself? I wouldn't care, because this version of myself has had all my experiences and good times and bad times, and more importantly, my kids.
6 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:50 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:I watched Everything Everywhere All At Once last night finally. Wow. I had been waiting to watch it with my wife, but she's working nights this summer so i finally gave in and just watched it myself. Holy horsefeathers what a movie.

I gotta see it at least 2 more times to pick everything up

I just ... man, it made me so emotional. Every time they would mention or deal with the concept of Evelyn being the worst version of herself or whatever, it made me think what if someone told me i was the worst version of myself? I wouldn't care, because this version of myself has had all my experiences and good times and bad times, and more importantly, my kids.

My favorite movie of the year, by far. Nothing is even close.

And I know it's a real low-hanging fruit comparison, but it cracks me up how Marvel just keeps trying and, IMO, completely botching all of this multiverse stuff (outside of one movie), and then this one comes along and just horsefeathering wrecks all of them like it was nothing.
5 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:18 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:My favorite movie of the year, by far. Nothing is even close.

i think i liked RRR a tiny bit better
3 x

Bobson Dugnutt
All-Star

Postby Bobson Dugnutt » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:57 pm

sneakypower wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:My favorite movie of the year, by far. Nothing is even close.

i think i liked RRR a tiny bit better

Just watched this on Friday. What a spectacle! EEAAO still holds the top spot for me but RRR slots in at 2. My coworkers in India recommended Bāhubali: The Beginning and Bāhubali 2: The Conclusion from the same director, which I believe are both on Netflix as well. Need to find a few more 3 hour windows to check those out.

For my favorites of the year so far, I think I’d go:

Everything Everywhere All At Once
RRR
Top Gun: Maverick
The Northman
Nope
2 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:35 pm

A toss-up between EEAAO and Fire Of Love:

My god, what a beautiful movie.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:40 pm

https://www.thewrap.com/batgirl-movie-d ... lion-film/

Warner Bros. Discovery will not release “Batgirl,” neither theatrically or on HBO MAX, TheWrap has learned.

The film, made under a previous regime, was initially designed to be an HBO Max release, and then was being considered for theatrical distribution. Due to COVID issues and shutdowns, the budget ballooned to $90 million.

The movie stars “In the Heights” breakout star Leslie Grace in the title role of Barbara Gordon.

The leaders of the studio determined ultimately in spite of reshoots and increased budget, did not work, according to insiders. The new owners and management are committed to making DC titles big theatrical event films, and “Batgirl” isn’t that. Insiders add that studio brass loves the film’s directors and star, and are actively planning to work with them soon.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:05 pm

I had no real burning desire to see this, but this whole situation seems completely bizarre:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batg ... 235331897/

“Batgirl,” the feature film adaptation of the DC Comics character, has been killed at Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed. It will not premiere on any platform at the studio — neither theatrically nor on HBO Max.

Studio insiders insist the decision to axe “Batgirl” was not driven by the quality of the film or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio’s slate of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale. “Batgirl” was budgeted to screen in homes on HBO Max, and not for a major global release in theaters. The initial $75 million production budget for the project, which finished principal photography earlier this year and was in post-production, reached $90 million, due in part to COVID-related delays and protocols.

The decision still comes as a shock, as studios almost never shelve productions outright, preferring to get at least some return on their investment.

Keaton was supposed to show up and play Bruce Wayne/Batman in this, too, but between this and the cursed Flash movie that can seemingly never be released since the star is a psychotic cult leader doing nonstop crimes, he might not get a chance to actually be seen in that role again. So horsefeathering weird.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:30 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I had no real burning desire to see this, but this whole situation seems completely bizarre:

“Batgirl,” the feature film adaptation of the DC Comics character, has been killed at Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed. It will not premiere on any platform at the studio — neither theatrically nor on HBO Max.

Studio insiders insist the decision to axe “Batgirl” was not driven by the quality of the film or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio’s slate of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale. “Batgirl” was budgeted to screen in homes on HBO Max, and not for a major global release in theaters. The initial $75 million production budget for the project, which finished principal photography earlier this year and was in post-production, reached $90 million, due in part to COVID-related delays and protocols.

The decision still comes as a shock, as studios almost never shelve productions outright, preferring to get at least some return on their investment.

Keaton was supposed to show up and play Bruce Wayne/Batman in this, too, but between this and the cursed Flash movie that can seemingly never be released since the star , he might not get a chance to actually be seen in that role again. So horsefeathering weird.

Yeah this is weird as horsefeathers.

My only thought is that they are thinking that they won't release Flash cuz of the Miller BS. And if they do that, then Keaton doesn't make sense in this movie. It's weird that this news came out before the Flash news if that's the case though.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:46 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I had no real burning desire to see this, but this whole situation seems completely bizarre:

Keaton was supposed to show up and play Bruce Wayne/Batman in this, too, but between this and the cursed Flash movie that can seemingly never be released since the star , he might not get a chance to actually be seen in that role again. So horsefeathering weird.

Yeah this is weird as horsefeathers.

My only thought is that they are thinking that they won't release Flash cuz of the Miller BS. And if they do that, then Keaton doesn't make sense in this movie. It's weird that this news came out before the Flash news if that's the case though.

Honestly, worries about continuity still doesn't explain not putting something like this out on HBO Max. Not into theaters is one thing, but, horsefeathers, I think this was made FOR HBO Max in the first place. Studios release hot garbage all the time, but THIS is a bridge too far? Makes no sense.
2 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Apparently WB gets to recoup some taxes by not releasing Batgirl...

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batg ... 235332062/
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:48 pm

6 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:22 pm

0 x