Bad Christmas Music

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Bad Christmas Music

Postby TruffleShuffle » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 pm

that "have a holly jolly christmas" song blows.

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Oh by golly, have a holly jolly Christmas this year.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

Uber
All-Star

Postby Uber » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 pm

I thought I was a miserable [expletive] sometimes but some of you have me beat. Who the hell doesnt like Christmas music..or Christmas for that matter?
GRCubsFan wrote:check out the balls on skyballer

CubbieBum
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubbieBum » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:05 pm

Goob wrote:I thought I was a miserable [expletive] sometimes but some of you have me beat. Who the hell doesnt like Christmas music..or Christmas for that matter?

Apparently a lot of people.

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:06 pm

i love Christmas music but some songs are just [expletive] bad, like paul mccartney or wham.

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm currently the freight coordinator at Buckle... which is a fancy way of saying I spend 3-5 hours every weekday security sensoring clothes for $8 an hour.

Anyways, they have the Buckle Christmas Holiday Soundtrack playing half the time. It's all your favorite holiday songs, sung by douche bags and indie sensations who are all on my list of people to kill.
"I don't think this team improves by trading Scott Feldman," Samardzija said.

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:12 am

I've been pretty much playing Christmas music non-stop since last week.

Hey bum, what hotel you valeting at? I wanna know if you'll be parking my car next weeked.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:25 pm

CubbieBum wrote:
Goob wrote:I thought I was a miserable [expletive] sometimes but some of you have me beat. Who the hell doesnt like Christmas music..or Christmas for that matter?

A lot of miserable [expletive].

ETA: Apparently I beat the word filter again.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
CubbieBum wrote:

A lot of miserable [expletive].

ETA: Apparently I beat the word filter again.

you [expletive]

Enn Tea
All-Star

Postby Enn Tea » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Its not that I'm miserable. It is a religious holiday from a religion I have nothing to do with, and I'm forced to hear about it and see decorations for it starting around Halloween, a full two months before the stupid holiday, and then I start hearing music dedicated to it a week or so before Thanksgiving (a real holiday). Its tiring. Plus it is always the same songs. Each year. Every year of my life.

Come to think of it, the only joy I get out of Christmas is saying/typing/writing X-mas to those fruity "don't take the Christ out of Christmas" retards.

CubbieBum
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubbieBum » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 pm

vance_the_cubs_fan wrote:I've been pretty much playing Christmas music non-stop since last week.

Hey bum, what hotel you valeting at? I wanna know if you'll be parking my car next weeked.

Royal St. Charles.

Which one you staying at?

CubbieBum
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubbieBum » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Enn Tea wrote:Its not that I'm miserable. It is a religious holiday from a religion I have nothing to do with, and I'm forced to hear about it and see decorations for it starting around Halloween, a full two months before the stupid holiday, and then I start hearing music dedicated to it a week or so before Thanksgiving (a real holiday). Its tiring. Plus it is always the same songs. Each year. Every year of my life.

This.

vance_the_cubs_fan

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:10 pm

CubbieBum wrote:
vance_the_cubs_fan wrote:I've been pretty much playing Christmas music non-stop since last week.

Royal St. Charles.

Hilton on the Riverwalk across from the Aquarium.

Uber
All-Star

Postby Uber » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Enn Tea wrote:Its not that I'm miserable. It is a religious holiday from a religion I have nothing to do with, and I'm forced to hear about it and see decorations for it starting around Halloween, a full two months before the stupid holiday, and then I start hearing music dedicated to it a week or so before Thanksgiving (a real holiday). Its tiring. Plus it is always the same songs. Each year. Every year of my life.

Come to think of it, the only joy I get out of Christmas is saying/typing/writing X-mas to those fruity "don't take the Christ out of Christmas" retards.

You're right, you aren't miserable at all.
GRCubsFan wrote:check out the balls on skyballer

CubbieBum
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubbieBum » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:31 pm

vance_the_cubs_fan wrote:
CubbieBum wrote:

Royal St. Charles.

That's in the heart of CBD and about 5 blocks from my hotel and thus 6 blocks from FQ. Heard it's a nice hotel but never been in it. Coming for the bowl game?

vance_the_cubs_fan

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:20 am

CubbieBum wrote:
vance_the_cubs_fan wrote:
CubbieBum wrote:

Royal St. Charles.

That's in the heart of CBD and about 5 blocks from my hotel and thus 6 blocks from FQ. Heard it's a nice hotel but never been in it. Coming for the bowl game?

Nope. A holiday weekend and Saints-Cowboys game. We'll get down there Friday evening and leave Monday morning.

I almost came down again this weekend because my alma mater is playing in the AAAA high school championship, but I'm going to Dallas on Sunday and the drive from New Orleans to Dallas and then back to Monroe was more than I wanted to do.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:02 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:i love Christmas music but some songs are just [expletive] bad, like paul mccartney or wham.

If I never heard Bruce Springstein's version of Santa Clause is coming to town again I'd be very happy.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

CubbieBum
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubbieBum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:34 pm

So I was taking a crap at work today and had no choice but to listen to the two front teeth song. I was shocked when I heard the line, "It seems so long since I could say, 'Sister Susie sitting on a pencil.'" I listened for the second run through of the lyrics and was convinced that was what he said and was amazed no one talked about. Just looked up the lyrics and its thistle not pencil. Talk about a bad word choice in retrospect.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 pm

CubbieBum wrote:So I was taking a crap at work today and had no choice but to listen to the two front teeth song. I was shocked when I heard the line, "It seems so long since I could say, 'Sister Susie sitting on a pencil.'" I listened for the second run through of the lyrics and was convinced that was what he said and was amazed no one talked about. Just looked up the lyrics and its thistle not pencil. Talk about a bad word choice in retrospect.

thistle is a bad word choice?

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:42 pm

XTC - "Thanks For Christmas" is drilling a hole into my head at work and it's driving me up a [expletive] wall
"I don't think this team improves by trading Scott Feldman," Samardzija said.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:50 pm

Derwood wrote:
CubbieBum wrote:So I was taking a crap at work today and had no choice but to listen to the two front teeth song. I was shocked when I heard the line, "It seems so long since I could say, 'Sister Susie sitting on a pencil.'" I listened for the second run through of the lyrics and was convinced that was what he said and was amazed no one talked about. Just looked up the lyrics and its thistle not pencil. Talk about a bad word choice in retrospect.

I think/hope he meant 'taking a crap' was a bad word choice.

CubbieBum
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubbieBum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Derwood wrote:

Considering what it sounds like and that no one will go, "oh he was saying thistle," unless they already know the lyrics. It's a line that 60 years later is taken differently. Like I said in retrospect a bad word choice but at the time of the songs creation not a bad one.

DanzaSlap
Starter

Postby DanzaSlap » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:57 pm

I work in a grocery store, and I listen to this music all day every day. I love it. I sing all day while I'm working (to be fair, I do this all the time). I can't believe there are people who hate Wonderful Christmastime. I could seriously listen to that song all day every day around this time of year. And "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole? It's great.
Push it real good.

DanzaSlap
Starter

Postby DanzaSlap » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:58 pm

CubbieBum wrote:Considering what it sounds like and that no one will go, "oh he was saying thistle," unless they already know the lyrics. It's a line that 60 years later is taken differently. Like I said in retrospect a bad word choice but at the time of the songs creation not a bad one.

Is "sitting on a pencil" slang for something?
Push it real good.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:10 pm

so thistle was a bad word choice because 60 years later, someone might mishear it as "pencil" and that might mean something, what, unmentionable?

Return to “Rants”